Wine Cellar Innovations has launched a complimentary Continued Education Course. The course is a one hour program instructed by our Senior Rack Design Engineer, Brian Stollmaier. The course is eligible for one learning unit hour credit. The title of the course is:
Wine Cellars: Room Construction and Design Considerations
Please click on the image or hyperlink above to be directed to the online course.
The program will provide an overview of the design and construction requirements for wine storage, including room build out, the best suitable wood types to use, and climate control. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the environmental conditions required for the storage of wine and how they contribute to its proper aging.
- Discuss general considerations for locating a wine room or wine cellar in a home or residence.
- Recognize racking systems and decorative options available.
- Establish a basic understanding of the different wood types and finish options suitable for wine storage systems.
- Summarize the construction methods and techniques used in installing a wine cellar or room and evaluate refrigeration options.